Arch Health Partners Flu Clinics
$25 (Insurance will be billed for Arch Patients)
Appointments Highly Recommended
Arch Health Partners - Poway
Pomerado Outpatient Pavilion
Urgent Care - Third Floor North
15611 Pomerado Road
Poway, CA 92064
Open to ages 6 months and up
October 17 – November 11, 2011
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Tuesdays and Thursdays 11:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Saturday, October 22 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Arch Health Partners - Ramona
1236 Main Street
Ramona, CA 92065
Open to ages 8 and up
October 17 – November 17, 2011
Mondays 2 – 4 p.m.
Tuesdays and Wednesdays 9 – 11:30 a.m. and 2 – 4 p.m.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call:
Poway – 858.675.3100
Ramona – 760.789.5160
2011 – 2012 Seasonal Flu Vaccinations
Each year, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends a new flu vaccine to protect against the upcoming strains of influenza. The 2011 - 2012 vaccine will provide protection against an A/H1N1-like virus, an A/H3N2-like virus, and an influenza B-like virus.
According to the CDC, it is recommended that everyone 6 months and older should get a flu vaccine each year. While everyone should get a flu vaccine each flu season, it’s especially important that the following groups get vaccinated either because they are at high risk of having serious flu-related complications or because they live with or care for people at high risk for developing flu-related complications:
1. Pregnant women
2. Children younger than 5, but especially children younger than 2 years old
3. People 50 years of age and older
4. People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions
5. People who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
6. People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu, including:
• Health care workers
• Household contacts of persons at high risk for complications from the flu
• Household contacts and out of home caregivers of children less than 6 months of age (these children are too young to be vaccinated)